The SHIKAR FXD (Fixed) Climbing Sticks & Saddle Platform Steps
Deploy your next set faster than ever with our all new SHIKAR FXD climbing sticks. Introducing the lightest, most packable tree stand climbing stick on the market! The SHIKAR FXD climbing sticks are designed specifically for the run and gun bow hunter! With the same design as the original, the SHIKAR FXD climbing sticks differ from our original SHIKAR's in that they are fixed one hundred percent of the time and the standoffs do not rotate.
Why is the SHIKAR FXD the best lightweight climbing stick? Starting at 23 ounces (depending on length), the SHIKAR FXD can be deployed in seconds making climbing for saddle hunting or treestand hunting a breeze.
Sticks sold individually.
Looking for a specific configuration of the SHIKAR lightweight climbing sticks? Give us a call and customer order yours today! (580)-541-3794
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY DISASSEMBLY WILL RESULT IN VOID OF WARRANTY
LIGHTWEIGHT Climbing Sticks
Starting at 23 ounes (Climbing Stick Only/Dependant On Length) the SHIKAR's the lightest climbing sticks the industry has to offer. You'll barely notice the weight on your pack. Below are the weights for each length, not including the strap.
- 17" - 23oz
- 20" - 25oz
- 22" - 26oz
VERSATILE Saddle Hunting Sticks
The “SHIKAR” FXD is setting new standards in both Compatibility and Function. NOTE: FXD sticks have shorter attachment button so standard pull straps are a tight fit.
SHIKAR Tree Stand Climbing Stick Specifications
- 100% American Made.
- Stick weight starts at 23 ounces (total weight dependant on length).
- FXD sticks have shorter attachment button so standard pull straps are a tight fit.
- 300LB weight rating.
- 17 1/8 inches step to step.
- Comes 17", 20" and 22" lengths.
- Offered in both single and double steps.
- Width of steps are 4.5” to center of stick.
- Rugged no slip design on steps.
- We offer a cable aider bolt kit upon request.
- Variety of attachment methods available.
- Optional platform available (The Scout or Monarch) adds as little as 8oz to the stick.
Advantages Of Saddle Hunting
- Extremely Lightweight Tree Saddles: Tree Saddles are lightweight, making you more mobile. Perfect for the Public Land Owner! Our new lightweight saddle hunting steps make climbing a breeze too. At 24 ounces, we offer some of the lightest saddle hunting steps on the market.
- Little to no noise: With a tree saddle, you don’t get the noise typically associated with pulling up tree stands.
- Hunters Safety: While there have been lots of hunters who have fallen from conventional tree stands, when saddle hunting you are tethered to the tree from the moment you leave the ground until you step back on it after the hunt, making it almost impossible to fall.
- Affordable: While some of our saddle hunting platforms may be a tad more expensive than some traditional tree stands, you only need 1 saddle hunting platform. Gone are the days of needing multiple stands for multiple sets. Save time and money saddle hunting.
SHIPPING TO CANADA?
All Canada orders will be shipped via USPS and charged $75 up front to cover the fluctuating cost of shipping. Once your order ships we will refund you the difference! So if your order cost $55 to ship then we will refund you $20! Contact us if you would prefer another shipment method!
I absolutely love this product! Simple, lightweight, easily stackable, strong bite! The fact that these are handmade by American craftsman seals the deal!
I had the original Shikar sticks and they were perfect. I only recently switched to the FXD sticks because I left my OG’s deployed all the time. These sticks pack extremely well together, are super light and bite to the tree almost too well. Matt is also extremely helpful and answers questions very quickly. I can’t see myself ever needing another climbing method. The craftsmanship is second to none and makes me feel confident using them for years to come. Don’t second guess a purchase from OOAL.
Out on a Limb makes excellent products, and they offer outstanding customer service.
Well designed well crafted climbing stick. Have installed cam cleat (stick was tapped for) and also using 3step aider from OOAL. Will be purchasing more. I have been using lone wolf 3 step sticks but these seem to stick to the tree a little better and I think I can shave about 5 pounds and obtain 20’ with 3 Of these with aiders. Also planning on trying it with one stick method if I can ever find any rope in stock.
First off, this is my first venture into high end sticks. That being said I am just going to give pros/cons. Pros: Made in USA, light weight, easily packable, bites the tree extreamly well. Cons: Because they bite well the teeth are very sharp and rigid so wearing gloves are recommended, deployment is a pain. You are not saving time with the deployment method. I have chosen to run mine deployed. The grooves that are made for them to stack are very snug.
Phenomenal stick! Bites very well into tree and is light weight. Flexes a bit but is expected out of such a light weight stick. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars Is because u wish it was 1-2 inches more step to step and I had to file the stand-off to fit lock to other steps with stealth strips. These are amazing compared to the competition
Admittedly a bit of a novice here but so far I love these sticks. As you may have seen or heard, yes, they flex a little. It's obviously affected by the amount of weight load bearing and I'm 225 so yes I felt them flex. The sticks are super light and stack perfectly. I was able to get up the tree higher than expected with 3 - 17" sticks with the OOAL 3 step aider on the bottom stick. The stand offs are extremely sharp and grip the tree incredibly. I love that they remain on the tree with just enough bite so you don't bobble or drop them making additional noise as you descend and remove them. Great product with reasonably fast delivery upon order!
Went from using 4 Hawk 20” sticks to 3 OOAL 17” Shikars w/ a versa aider. Cut my climbing method weight in half while packing easier and reaching the same height.
Hands down the best packing sticks on the market. They stay inside the profile of even a lil guy and bite like a pit bull on meth.