The BIG B.O.B. One-Stick "Best Of Both"
For those looking for a deeper platform to saddle hunt from, The BIG B.O.B. is your answer. Equiped with a drag up cable handle, the BIG B.O.B. is easy to utilize with the one-stick climbing method.
(Picture is equipped with 1/8" full bury amsteel NOT INCLUDED)
BIG B.O.B. One-Stick Specs
- Weight with Harken and rope - 4.2 lbs
- Stick Length: 16"
- Adjustable Top: 20 Degree Adjustments
- Width of top platform: 13"
- Depth of top platform: 8"
- Width of bottom platform step: 9 5/8"
- Depth of bottom platform step: 6"
- Depth to post: 4.5"
Benefits of the One Stick Climbing Method
The one stick climbing method for saddle hunting has major advantages over using multiple tree stand climbing sticks. From the lack of weight to less gear clutter and noise, One sticking is a great climbing method for both saddle hunters and tree stand hunters looking to stay efficient, mobile, and light.
Weight Savings: One of the biggest reasons most hunters switch to the one stick climbing method is becuase of the weight savings. Depending on where and how you hunt, saving those extra pounds/ounces can be important.
Climb Higher: While not always neccessary, the one stick climbing method will let you climb higher to saddle hunt. The only limit is the ammount of tree you have to climb or the ammount of safety rope you brought with you.
Advantages Of Saddle Hunting
- Extremely Lightweight Tree Saddles: Tree Saddles are lightweight, making you more mobile. Perfect for the Public Land Owner! Make sure to check out our new Ultra-Light saddle hunting steps for the ultimate lighweight hunting pack.
- Little to no noise: With tree saddle, you don’t get the noise typically associated with pulling up tree stands.
- Hunters Safety: While there have been lots of hunters who have fallen from conventional tree stands, when saddle hunting you are tethered to the tree from the moment you leave the ground until you step back on it after the hunt, making it almost impossible to fall.
SHIPPING TO CANADA?
All Canada orders will be shipped via USPS and charged $75 up front to cover the fluctuating cost of shipping. Once your order ships we will refund you the difference! So if your order cost $55 to ship then we will refund you $20! Contact us if you would prefer another shipment method!
Love this stick! Construction is top notch and every detail is so well thought out. The ability to cam it to the tree makes it amazingly solid and you can even adjust the angle on the fly based on if you want to sit or lean. Platform is plenty big and I love how it folds flat against the stick for easier packing. Never knew I would like the bottom platform so much too. I would highly recommend already having the cam cleat and amsteel preassembled because I think it would be very hard to install it yourself as cleanly as Matt does. Everything is installed inside the stick without having to girth the amsteel around the stick and even the cam cleat bolts are inside the stick! Great product and great company too!
Big Bob lives up to the “hype” for me. My favorite one stick I’ve had after owning many of the market’s top one sticking options such as several variations of the EWO Ultimate One Stick, and Trophyline Wingman. Get one!
This is an amazing product. I bought it to test against my EWO and once I put the BOB on the tree I sold the EWO. The small platform on the bottom step makes climbing easier. The Big BOB platform is plenty of room even for size 13 shoes. Great job from Matt and the OOAL crew I couldn't be happier.
This is hands down the best one stick that I've used, I'd put it up against any other one out there. This thing is rock solid, I've heard some other people mentioning the ability to cam it like a stand but I don't see the need really, this thing bites hard. I've used an EWO one stick for quite some time, but this one is a step above it. The price on this stick is terrific as well! Awesome job with this thing!!