The Slick Rick One-Stick
The Slick Rick is the first one-stick to be equipped with both a folding top and folding bottom platform for incredible packability. Just like the Big BOB one-stick, the Slick Rick utilizies an adjustable top platform to give the user the most comfortable hunt possible. The Slick Rick also includes an attached pull up cable, optimum for an efficient climb.
(Picture is equipped with 1/8" full bury amsteel and harken 150 cleat NOT INCLUDED)
Slick Rick One-Stick Specs
- Weight with Harken and rope - 4.2 lbs
- Stick Length: 16"
- (4) Teflon Washers for smooth, quiet adjustment and packability
- Adjustable Top: 20 Degrees of Adjustment
- Width of top platform: 13"
- Depth of top platform: 8"
- Width of bottom platform step: 9 5/8"
- Depth of bottom platform step: 6"
- Depth to post: 4.5"
- Folded total length 22 5/16
- Folded total height 2 3/4
Benefits of the One-Stick Climbing Method
The one-stick climbing method for saddle hunting has major advantages over the multiple stick and platform combo that most saddle hunters are accustomed to. From the lack of weight to less gear clutter and noise, One-sticking is a great climbing method for both saddle hunters and mobile hunters to stay efficient, mobile, and light.
Weight Savings: One of the biggest reasons most hunters switch to the one stick climbing method is becuase of the weight savings. Depending on where and how you hunt, saving those extra pounds/ounces can be important.
Less Noise: Less gear means less chance for unwanted noise. Stealth strip a B.O.B. or SH1KAR and pair it with a 3 step climbing stick aider and there won't be a tree you can't conquer.
Climb Higher: While not always neccessary, the one stick climbing method will let you climb higher to saddle hunt. The only limit is the ammount of tree you have to climb or the ammount of safety rope you brought with you.
Advantages Of Saddle Hunting
- Extremely Lightweight Tree Saddles: Tree Saddles are lightweight, making you more mobile. Perfect for the Public Land Owner! Make sure to check out our new Ultra-Light saddle hunting steps for the ultimate lighweight hunting pack.
- Little to no noise: With tree saddle, you don’t get the noise typically associated with pulling up tree stands.
- Hunters Safety: While there have been lots of hunters who have fallen from conventional tree stands, when saddle hunting you are tethered to the tree from the moment you leave the ground until you step back on it after the hunt, making it almost impossible to fall.
Finish your saddle hunting kit with these accessories.
- Gear Lanyard
- Kong Ascender
- Harken 150 Cam Cleat
- Rick Young Bino Harness
- Climbing Stick Aider
SHIPPING TO CANADA?
All Canada orders will be shipped via USPS and charged $75 up front to cover the fluctuating cost of shipping. Once your order ships we will refund you the difference! So if your order cost $55 to ship then we will refund you $20! Contact us if you would prefer another shipment method!
Slick Rick quality
I was impressed with the quality of the Slick Rick . Great finish with tight tolerances. Not sloppy but can be easily moved ,adjusted ,and closed compact for travel. Platform gives me good foot room and sold to push off around the tree. Love the cam lock to tether onto the tree makes it easy . I flipped it to come from the other side with the rope
The Slick Rick
This is the Ultimate One Stick!! Absolutely the best you can get!!! I recommend it to everyone and have posted about it multiple times!! Truly worth having and worth waiting for!! Buy it, and change the game!!!