The Slick Rick One-Stick
The Slick Rick is the first one-stick to be equipped with both a folding top and folding bottom platform for incredible packability. Just like the Big BOB one-stick, the Slick Rick utilizies an adjustable top platform to give the user the most comfortable hunt possible. The Slick Rick also includes an attached pull up cable, optimum for an efficient climb.
(Picture is equipped with 1/8" full bury amsteel and harken 150 cleat NOT INCLUDED)
Slick Rick One-Stick Specs
- Weight with Harken and rope - 4.2 lbs
- Stick Length: 16"
- (4) Teflon Washers for smooth, quiet adjustment and packability
- Adjustable Top: 20 Degrees of Adjustment
- Width of top platform: 13"
- Depth of top platform: 8"
- Width of bottom platform step: 9 5/8"
- Depth of bottom platform step: 6"
- Depth to post: 4.5"
- Folded total length 22 5/16
- Folded total height 2 3/4
Benefits of the One-Stick Climbing Method
The one-stick climbing method for saddle hunting has major advantages over the multiple stick and platform combo that most saddle hunters are accustomed to. From the lack of weight to less gear clutter and noise, One-sticking is a great climbing method for both saddle hunters and mobile hunters to stay efficient, mobile, and light.
Weight Savings: One of the biggest reasons most hunters switch to the one stick climbing method is becuase of the weight savings. Depending on where and how you hunt, saving those extra pounds/ounces can be important.
Climb Higher: While not always neccessary, the one stick climbing method will let you climb higher to saddle hunt. The only limit is the ammount of tree you have to climb or the ammount of safety rope you brought with you.
Advantages Of Saddle Hunting
- Extremely Lightweight Tree Saddles: Tree Saddles are lightweight, making you more mobile. Perfect for the Public Land Owner! Make sure to check out our new Ultra-Light saddle hunting steps for the ultimate lighweight hunting pack.
- Little to no noise: With tree saddle, you don’t get the noise typically associated with pulling up tree stands.
- Hunters Safety: While there have been lots of hunters who have fallen from conventional tree stands, when saddle hunting you are tethered to the tree from the moment you leave the ground until you step back on it after the hunt, making it almost impossible to fall.
Finish your saddle hunting kit with these accessories.
SHIPPING TO CANADA?
All Canada orders will be shipped via USPS and charged $75 up front to cover the fluctuating cost of shipping. Once your order ships we will refund you the difference! So if your order cost $55 to ship then we will refund you $20! Contact us if you would prefer another shipment method!
Awesome light weight Bites the tree well
Great product. If you wanna saddlehunt, why use anything but this. Super easy carry in.
This is a great one stick. My previous one is the SH1KAR and the Slick Rick is definitely an upgrade. Last hunt I did not even use a platform. I did switch the cam cleat to face the other side, I would recommend facing the cam cleat to one side or the other as an option.
Like how it folds flat, especially for air travel. Great stable platform that remains lightweight.
Best one-stick on the market! First of all, this is a USA built tank of high quality workmanship and materials. I also have a EWO one-stick, and side-by-side, the quality and craftsmanship are near equal. But the ability to fold the Slick Rick flat gives it significantly greater flexibility for hauling it inside or strapped flat to the outside of your backpack. A folded flat one-stick gives me more room for extra clothing if needed for colder weather. The entire upper platform tilts down by way of an adjustable knurled knob for saddle hunters preferring to lean, and when preferring to sit, it can be moved to a perpendicular to the ground position, making each position more comfortable than before with the non-adjustable EWO one-stick with UP upper platform. Highly recommend this product with 3/16” full bury amsteel, cam cleat, and two step aider!
This is my favorite one stick that I own.
I was impressed with the quality of the Slick Rick . Great finish with tight tolerances. Not sloppy but can be easily moved ,adjusted ,and closed compact for travel. Platform gives me good foot room and sold to push off around the tree. Love the cam lock to tether onto the tree makes it easy . I flipped it to come from the other side with the rope
This is the Ultimate One Stick!! Absolutely the best you can get!!! I recommend it to everyone and have posted about it multiple times!! Truly worth having and worth waiting for!! Buy it, and change the game!!!