The SCOUT Platform
Weight - 15oz
Our new SHIKAR sticks have an optional “scout” platform that can replace a step in the sticks. The “scout “ just adds an additional 8 ounces to the already super light 24 ounce stick. The scout was designed for that serious long haul minimalist hunter that wants to get to the woods and in a tree carrying as little extra weight as possible. Simply remove lock but, knob and step. Install the “scout” in place of step install knob and lock nut. The platform is designed to fold just as the step does to minimize space for packing
Looking for a specific configuration of the SHIKAR lightweight climbing sticks & SCOUT? Give us a call and customer order yours today! (580)-541-3794
LIGHTWEIGHT SHIKAR Saddle Hunting Sticks
Weighing at only 24oz (Climbing Stick) they're the lightest climbing sticks the industry has to offer. You'll barely notice the weight on your pack.
VERSATILE Saddle Hunting Sticks
The “SHIKAR” is setting new standards in both Compatibility and Function. With the ability to rotate standoffs up to 90 degrees, you can mount them on any tree making your tree selection for saddle hunting a breeze.
SHIKAR Tree Stand Climbing Stick Specifications
- 100% American Made
- Each stick weighs 24oz (without attachment method)
- 300LB weight rating
- 17 1/8 inches step to step
- Offered in both single and double steps
- Double step sticks are 27” when folded
- Single step sticks are 23” when folded
- Width of steps are 4.5” to center of stick
- Rugged no slip design on steps
- Each stick has a built-in aider attachment hole located at the bottom of the stick
- Variety of attachment methods available
- Optional platform available (The Scout) adds only 8oz to the stick.
Advantages Of Saddle Hunting
- Extremely Lightweight Tree Saddles: Tree Saddles are lightweight, making you more mobile. Perfect for the Public Land Owner! Our new lightweight saddle hunting steps make climbing a breeze too. At 24 ounces, we offer some of the lightest saddle hunting steps on the market.
- Little to no noise: With a tree saddle, you don’t get the noise typically associated with pulling up tree stands.
- Hunters Safety: While there have been lots of hunters who have fallen from conventional tree stands, when saddle hunting you are tethered to the tree from the moment you leave the ground until you step back on it after the hunt, making it almost impossible to fall.
- Affordable: While some of our saddle hunting platforms may be a tad more expensive than some traditional tree stands, you only need 1 saddle hunting platform. Gone are the days of needing multiple stands for multiple sets. Save time and money saddle hunting.
SHIPPING TO CANADA?
All Canada orders will be shipped via USPS and charged $75 up front to cover the fluctuating cost of shipping. Once your order ships we will refund you the difference! So if your order cost $55 to ship then we will refund you $20! Contact us if you would prefer another shipment method!
Went with the angled setup, love it. Works great with my one stick setup!
Appears to be well made, I did have to file it down a little bit to get it to fit my stick, but all in all I would recommend to anyone wanting a micro platform
Just what I was looking for! Small, compact, lightweight, and minimalist
Very awesome! Bolted up to a Muddy Pro with just a little fitting.
To try out one sticking, I purchases Scout for my muddy stick. I had to scrap off the coating to fit it but its nice and tight now. Very easy to climb with this and comfortable for a long sit.
Put this on a muddy pro that I cut to 15”. With a 3 step aider . Awesome for a one stick option.
im new to the saddle hunting game but loved the idea of being spontaneous. in the woods of maine you need to be able to move with deer and their feeding patterns and the Shikars with the Scout allows me to do just that. they bite hard and fast to the tree and the Scout has a great angle, its light, and comfortable for its size.
The quality and finish are second to none! Exactly what I was looking for to add to the rest of my DIY stick platform. The angle is perfect for comfort while leaning.
This being my first year in the saddle everything is quite new to me. I also have the Ridge Runner and Shikar sticks I haven’t tried any other way but can’t imagine a better climbing system and platform to stand on. I put the scout on my last stick which I even up with RR to give me easier maneuverability around tree. Works great!!!! Thanks to Matt for responding to a comment I put on a saddle group when I was first looking to get involved with saddle hunting. From what I see for sale on saddle hunting classifieds I think I made the best choice 1st to go with OOAL products.