The SCOUT Platform
Weight - 15oz
Our new SHIKAR sticks have an optional “scout” platform that can replace a step in the sticks. The “scout “ just adds an additional 8 ounces to the already super light 24 ounce stick. The scout was designed for that serious long haul minimalist hunter that wants to get to the woods and in a tree carrying as little extra weight as possible. Simply remove lock but, knob and step. Install the “scout” in place of step install knob and lock nut. The platform is designed to fold just as the step does to minimize space for packing
Looking for a specific configuration of the SHIKAR lightweight climbing sticks & SCOUT? Give us a call and customer order yours today! (580)-541-3794
LIGHTWEIGHT SHIKAR Saddle Hunting Sticks
Weighing at only 24oz (Climbing Stick) they're the lightest climbing sticks the industry has to offer. You'll barely notice the weight on your pack.
VERSATILE Saddle Hunting Sticks
The “SHIKAR” is setting new standards in both Compatibility and Function. With the ability to rotate standoffs up to 90 degrees, you can mount them on any tree making your tree selection for saddle hunting a breeze.
SHIKAR Tree Stand Climbing Stick Specifications
- 100% American Made
- Each stick weighs 24oz (without attachment method)
- 300LB weight rating
- 17 1/8 inches step to step
- Offered in both single and double steps
- Double step sticks are 27” when folded
- Single step sticks are 23” when folded
- Width of steps are 4.5” to center of stick
- Rugged no slip design on steps
- Each stick has a built-in aider attachment hole located at the bottom of the stick
- Variety of attachment methods available
- Optional platform available (The Scout) adds only 8oz to the stick.
Advantages Of Saddle Hunting
- Extremely Lightweight Tree Saddles: Tree Saddles are lightweight, making you more mobile. Perfect for the Public Land Owner! Our new lightweight saddle hunting steps make climbing a breeze too. At 24 ounces, we offer some of the lightest saddle hunting steps on the market.
- Little to no noise: With a tree saddle, you don’t get the noise typically associated with pulling up tree stands.
- Hunters Safety: While there have been lots of hunters who have fallen from conventional tree stands, when saddle hunting you are tethered to the tree from the moment you leave the ground until you step back on it after the hunt, making it almost impossible to fall.
- Affordable: While some of our saddle hunting platforms may be a tad more expensive than some traditional tree stands, you only need 1 saddle hunting platform. Gone are the days of needing multiple stands for multiple sets. Save time and money saddle hunting.
SHIPPING TO CANADA?
All Canada orders will be shipped via USPS and charged $75 up front to cover the fluctuating cost of shipping. Once your order ships we will refund you the difference! So if your order cost $55 to ship then we will refund you $20! Contact us if you would prefer another shipment method!
Scout Angled Platform
Great top of the step platform! Comfortable and light weight!
This is great a very comfortable stand I had to get some longer bolts for it to connect to my hawk helium sticks but the holes lined up great!
Matched with shikar mini this makes perfect 1 stick combo. happier..Couldn't be happier.
Perfect platform for run and gun hunts. Comfortable for about 4 hrs. Paired with a ROS,the scout is comfortable all day.
I like this platform. I got it for top of beast stick work great. Only con is it comes with two holes an to put on a beast stick with holes you have to drill a hole in platform. As well as remove powder coat from slot.
Shikar one stick angled scout
Having previously been using 4 sticks with the ridge runner . Knowing the quality of the ridge runner and wanting to try one sticking I purchase the one stick with angled scout and three step aider. Getting older in age I’m trying to find ways to shed pack weight. I’ve found one sticking to be easy and will hunt that way from now on. I purchased the 13 inch stick . It is extremely light weight and fits on the back of my pack. I’ weigh around 205 and watching a few reviews on flex I’ve found that iyou have to really bounce on it to get any any flex. It bites into the tree so hard sometimes you really have to tug on it for your next move up. The angled scout is more comfortable for a leaner which is all I do. I ordered the 3 step aider at 14 inches that’s stretch’s to about 16 inches . Whole setup is high quality workmanship . Highly recommend Out On A limb.
Run this on my beast sticks. Best thing I did hands down for being mobile.
I am a leaner so I tried the angled Scout. I like the size and packability on my stick. Fit great in Hawk stick. Did not come with hardware. It wasn’t as comfortable as I had hoped. Ordered a Flat Scout.
Went with the angled setup, love it. Works great with my one stick setup!
Appears to be well made, I did have to file it down a little bit to get it to fit my stick, but all in all I would recommend to anyone wanting a micro platform