The Plain Jane One-Stick
New for 2024 in the Out On A Limb one-stick lineup is the lightweight Plain Jane. A great option for ultralight, run and gun style saddle hunters, this Made In The USA platform and climbing stick combo is a must have for any public land saddle hunter.
Weighing just over 3 pounds, this is a great all-around one-stick. While not the lightest in our lineup, it offers the most stability, and room on both top and bottom platforms when compared to lighter options. And, unlike the Pinch Point, the Plain Jane only comes in 16" length, but rest assured this one-stick will cover all of your saddle hunting needs. From eastern whitetails to the elk woods of the west, the Plain Jane is sure to please.
The Plain Jane comes with the option to add a TriGlide aider from Backwoods Mobile Gear. The aiders are available in 2 Step and 3 Step option and will only be available in a general 16" gap length.
(Picture is equipped with 1/8" full bury amsteel and harken 150 cleat not included.)
Pinch Point One-Stick Specs
- One-stick alone weights just over 3 LBS.
- Stick Length: 16" available.
- Top Platform Dimensions: 13 3/8" x 7 7/8"
- Bottom Platform Dimensions: 9 9/16" x 4 1/8"
- Works with OOAL Anchor and cleat.
- Makes for an extremely easy and comfortable climb.
Equip The Plain Jane with the OOAL Anchor and cleat, an it's ready to pack into your favorite whitetail honey holes. Get a rock-solid connection, enhanced safety, and stability every climb with the best all-around one-stick in the Out On A Limb lineup.
Benefits of the One-Stick Climbing Method
The one-stick climbing method for saddle hunting has major advantages over the multiple stick and platform combo that most saddle hunters are accustomed to. From the lack of weight to less gear clutter and noise, One-sticking is a great climbing method for both saddle hunters and mobile hunters to stay efficient, mobile, and light.
Weight Savings: One of the biggest reasons most hunters switch to the one stick climbing method is because of the weight savings. Depending on where and how you hunt, saving those extra pounds/ounces can be important.
Climb Higher: While not always necessary, the one stick climbing method will let you climb higher to saddle hunt. The only limit is the amount of tree you have to climb or the amount of safety rope you brought with you.
Advantages Of Saddle Hunting
- Extremely Lightweight Tree Saddles: Tree Saddles are lightweight, making you more mobile. Perfect for the Public Land Owner! Make sure to check out our new Ultra-Light saddle hunting steps for the ultimate lighweight hunting pack.
- Little to no noise: With tree saddle, you don’t get the noise typically associated with pulling up tree stands.
- Hunters Safety: While there have been lots of hunters who have fallen from conventional tree stands, when saddle hunting you are tethered to the tree from the moment you leave the ground until you step back on it after the hunt, making it almost impossible to fall.
Finish your saddle hunting kit with these accessories.
- Gear Lanyard
- Kong Ascender
- Harken 150 Cam Cleat
- Rick Young Bino Harness
- Climbing Stick Aider
- OOAL Anchor
SHIPPING TO CANADA?
All Canada orders will be shipped via USPS and charged $75 up front to cover the fluctuating cost of shipping. Once your order ships we will refund you the difference! So if your order cost $55 to ship then we will refund you $20! Contact us if you would prefer another shipment method!